Monday, June 13, 2011

Let's plan a pretty party!

Well, that's what I am trying to do!  I can't believe that my baby girl will be one in just a couple weeks.  Our little firecracker was born on the forth of July, so it was a pretty easy decision to make the color theme red, white, and blue.  I'm trying to keep it pretty and girly, and not so patriotic.  Now, I have no problem with being patriotic, I just want it to clearly be my baby's birthday party and not just another July 4th party.  So here is part of my inspiration board.



There is no "theme" to it, other than the colors. But there will be plenty of banners, pinwheels, and food. Here is a peek at what I have been working on. There is still a lot to do, but I think that I am finally done with most of the triangle cutting and circle punching.  Now it's just a matter of taping, gluing, and putting everything together.  And there will be a lot of cooking and baking closer to her birthday.  It's a lot of work for a day that she won't even remember but she is so worth it. 


The invitation

Making banners and pinwheels

Fingerprint tree that I painted for all the guests to sign.
It will look perfect hanging on her bedroom wall to remember her special day.

That's all I have for today!  I hope everyone has a beautiful and magical Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment